Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break 2011

This year my kiddos did not have the same spring break.  That is always rough, because I enjoy being able to take them somewhere.  It is always nice to get a little break and see the world.  Initially I thought that we would get away as a family for three days.  However, when I gave Jasmine the option of what she wanted to do this year, I was quickly kicked to the curb.  "I wanna go to the Lake with Grandma and Grandpa."  Although I was disappointed, I understood that they would be able to take her for the entire week and ultimately I want her happy.  After going back and forth about it, Ken and I decided that it would be OK for Grandma and Grandpa to take her to the lake house.  Once we made the decision, Jasmine spent days talking about her plans.  She was so excited about her adventures of miniature golf, Miner Mikes arcade, the Imax theatre and some indoor swimming.   She was also excited about having some alone time with Grandma and Grandpa which is always nice. 

So with Jasmine gone, it was just Jon, Ken and I.  The weather was perfect and Jon was feeling better.  Unfortunately, he spent most of his Spring Break battling a cold.  On Jon's last day of Spring Break, we were able to have some nice mother/son time.  I took him to Mc Donalds and to the playground at his elementary school.  I also snapped a few photos of him the the process.  All in all a good day.



Enjoying being pushed on the swing by Mama 


 Thinking about his next move


Still thinking, edited in cartoon mode



1 comment:

  1. I bet both kids had a great spring break! You can't blame Jasmine, she see's her Mom every day but not her grandparents. lol! Although, as a parent, I'm sure that's not much comfort. haha

    ReplyDelete